Dedicated and curious, expressive, yet functional.
This describes my work & attitude towards projects.
User experience is king in my design process.
As well as attention to detail (
fluff) & creating lasting impacts.
Perfectionism has its place, but so does pragmatism.
Conceptual Prototype | Community Website
For my Design in Subcultures module at RMIBLR, I chose to cover 'gamers'. The analysis & presentations that ensued shed light on the lack of communication between game lounge owners & gamers. To target this issue, I built a prototype community website meant to show game lounges, from a curated list, around a user's location using Google maps. Archived here. (2012-13)
This project brought me into close contact with cross-browser geo-location, Google maps and most importantly, connecting the two. As the target audience was gamers on the move, the project also included responsive design as another key component, to allow easy access across devices
Additional features added to the website:
- Information pop-up for game lounges
- Directions to chosen game lounge
- Fully responsive
- Developed with Twitter's Bootstrap framework
- Successful linking to test Pushover app
It's Me, Aaron!
Curiosity is a powerful motivator.
In design it means exploration.
Whether it be of a client or an audience.
Understanding both is of utmost importance.
So, let me start the conversation!
- Speciality Areas
- Web Design & Front-End Development
- User Interface & User Experience Design
- Interaction Design, Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Branding & Logo Design
- Wordpress & Social Media
- Video & Post Production
- Tech Skills
- Power User
- Sublime Text 3, Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere, EventGhost
- Bootstrap, Foundation, CLIs (Grunt, Bower), GitHub
- InDesign, MaxMSP, Processing, Fireworks
- PHP, JSON, MySQL
- CLIs (Guard, Node.js, Git)
- What makes me tick
- Digital/Tech: Automation, Apps, Hacking
- Games: FPS, RTS, RPG, ARTS, Retro
- Movies: Comedy, Thriller, Horror, Classics
- Food: Desserts, Mediterranean, Asian, Italian
- Music: Punk Rock, Twee-Pop, Electronica, Indie
- Novels: Crime, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi
Why, hello there!
I think it would be great if we connect, don't you?
Over the net or in person, let's design together!
If you'd like to, mail me via the form below.
Tweet @aaron_khare or visit me on LinkedIn.
Oh, and here's my resume.